Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Tragic Flaw

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to actually say the word "NO" to someone?  Especially if it's someone for whom you have a tender spot?  My best and worst trait is that I always want to help. Always. It doesn't matter if I have a deadline at work, dinner to cook, homework to check, lunches to pack...I will still somehow get myself stuck in the middle of a party or a birthday. And it's usually for someone that I barely know.  As soon as I hear one of the trigger words (and believe me, there are too many too list ) it's like I go into a trance-like state and start spewing out ideas and volunteering myself to implement them.  And then I shake it off and realize what I've done. The worst part...I've gotten better over the last few years. My husband just shakes his head. What else can he do?  It's like I need Parties Anonymous...lolol

No comments: